Reply To: Flamefest, Tunbridge Wells – Man in 50s dies at sex festival (UPDATED)

Sussex Scene SussexScene Forum SussexScene Forum NEWS AND VIEWS Flamefest, Tunbridge Wells – Man in 50s dies at sex festival (UPDATED) Reply To: Flamefest, Tunbridge Wells – Man in 50s dies at sex festival (UPDATED)

#1840
Sussex Scene 1
Keymaster

Sussex Scene
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Man in his 50s dies and woman flown to hospital after being found unconscious at Tunbridge Wells sex festival
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4294686/tunbridge-wells-flamefest-sex-festival-air-ambulance-paramedics/

Quote:
A MAN in his 50s has died and a woman found unconscious at a woodland sex festival near posh Tunbridge Wells.

Cops arrived just after 6am where they found the pair, with the man’s death being treated as “unexplained”.

Some 200 people were expected at Flamefest, held in Kent woodland, which charges revellers £600 for tickets.

A police spokesman said: “Kent Police is making enquiries to establish the circumstances surrounding an unexplained death in Tunbridge Wells. Officers were called by South East Coast Ambulance Service at 6.14am on Tuesday August 22 to a medical incident at a campsite in Powder Mill Lane, Tunbridge Wells. Patrols and ambulance crews went to the scene where a man was pronounced dead.The death is being treated as unexplained at this stage. In addition, an unconscious woman received medical treatment and was taken to a local hospital by air ambulance.”

This morning locals saw five police cars and two ambulances at the scene.

Traffic in the area has been disrupted with long delays expected while police officers work at the site.

The festival offers an “adult play area” staffed by dominatrix and a variety of kinky workshops on erotic literature as well as steamy outdoor hot tubs.

Amid criticism last week Event organiser Helen Smedly insisted that no sex would be visible to the public and all noise would be controlled amid concern from locals.

A spokeswoman for South East Coast Ambulance Service told The Sun Online: “We can confirm that the Trust was called to a field off Powder Mill Lane, Southborough, at 6am today following reports of two people found unconscious. We have a number of resources at the scene including specialists critical care paramedics, Hazardous Area Response Team and Helicopter Emergency Medical Service. At this stage we have no further information.”